F&I products satisfaction was 46 points higher when a dealer offered them a pre-paid maintenance contract vs. when they do not.
Three-year plans are most popular, at 64 percent of plans sold by dealers through F&I.
Other fact to note:
- 81.2 percent of the dealers in the survey sell the plans in service as well as F&I.
- 63 percent of all plans sold are in F&I.
- 37 percent of all plans are sold in the service lane.
- Almost 95 percent of all plan holders purchase additional services beyond those included in the plan.
- Plan holders visit their service department three times as much as do customers not owning such a plan.
- The average service up-sell to plan holders is $102 per RO.